How to apply for the 2017 Wintergreen Summer Music Academy
APPLICATIONS FOR STRING CHAMBER MUSIC ONLY are currently being accepted on a rolling basis.
TO APPLY, click the button to the left. This will take you to our landing page on GetAcceptd.Com. Acceptd is a secure site and will never sell or publicize your personal information.
February 1, 2017 – Early Bird Deadline: $45 application fee on or before this date; $65 on February 2 and after.
March 15, 2017 – Application review begins. Applications submitted after this date will be reviewed as positions are available.
AUDITIONS & RECORDINGS
Applicants for all programs except Arts Administration will be required to upload recordings via GetAcceptd.com. Optional live auditions will be held for Vocal Intensive, String Chamber Music, and String Quartet Fellowship in locations TBD.
Merit and need-based scholarships are available for String Chamber Music, Conductors' Summit, Vocal Intensive, and Composers' Retreat. In addition, we have two special funds to provide full and partial scholarships for underrepresented minority students and children of U.S. Military Veterans or active duty members.
Application Fees: $45 on or before February 1, 2017. $65 February 2, 2017 and after.
Tuition: Tuition varies depending on the program. Scholarships of varying amounts are available.
- String Chamber Music: $2150
- Conductors' Summit: $1600
- Vocal Intensive: $1100
- Composers' Retreat: $1100
- Fellowship Pianist: $0 (Fellows receive a travel stipend)
- Fellowship Quartet Program: $0. (Fellows receive a travel stipend)
- Arts Administration Fellowship: $0 (Fellows receive a travel stipend)
Room and Board: Room and Board for Academy Students is $480 per week:
- String Chamber Music (four week program): $1920
- Conductors' Summit (one week program): $480
- Vocal Intensive (12 day program): $900
- Composers' Retreat (two week program): $960
- Fellowship Pianist: $0
- Fellowship Quartet Program: $0
- Arts Administration Fellowship: $0