2017 Sing with Us!
Wednesday, July 12-Saturday July 15
Now converted into a choir camp for adults, this four-day event has something for the singer in everyone. Sing Mozart’s Requiem in performance with the Wintergreen Festival Orchestra, participate in vocal technique classes and rehearsals with WPA Artistic Director Erin Freeman, attend seminars by Juilliard professor Michael White, and go to concerts in a cidery and a brewpub. What’s not to love?
Price, Lodging, and Food
Three different price structures:
- For Festival Season Pass Holders: Upcharge of $22
- For those just participating in the rehearsal and coaching sessions listed below: $22
- For those wishing to participate in the entire long weekend: $125 (includes admission to all Festival events from Wednesday-Sunday – a $159 value. Cooking classes not included.) See full schedule below.
Housing and food not included, but lodging discounts are available through Wintergreen Resort. More information will be posted soon.
Space is limited! Open to singers who feel they can rehearse and learn Mozart Requiem in a short amount of time. See the near bottom of this page to register and save your place. Please fill it out even if you're not 100% that you're able to come. Payment instructions will be available soon!
(FAQ are at the very bottom of the page.)
Rehearsal and Coaching Schedule
As a member of the Sing with Us! chorus you will be able to participate in a daily voice class/rehearsal rehearsal led by Erin Freeman.
Voice Class/Rehearsal/Performance Schedule (All Saturday events mandatory)
- Sing with Us! Voice Class and Rehearsal with Erin Freeman – Wednesday, July 12 from 4:30 pm-6:00 pm, Wintergreen Resort Location TBA
- Sing with Us! Voice Class and Rehearsal with Erin Freeman – Thursday, July 13 from 3:00 pm-5:00 pm, Valley Location TBA
- Sing with Us! Chorus Rehearsal – Friday, July 14 from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm, Wintergreen Resort Location TBA
- Sing with Us! Chorus Rehearsal – Saturday, July 15 from 9:30 am-12:00 pm, Dunlop Pavilion
- Sing with Us! Dress Rehearsal with the Wintergreen Festival Orchestra – Saturday, July 15 from 1:30 pm to 3:00pm, Dunlop Pavilion
- Sing with Us! Performance – Saturday, July 15 at 6:00, Dunlop Pavilion
If you want the full experience, here's a suggested listing of events. With the full Sing with Us! registration ($125), you will have access to all of these events. (Full details on all concerts will be available on May 1.)
WEDNESDAY, JULY 12
- 9:30 am Morning Seminar: Michael on Mozart, Part 3
- 2:00 pm Academy Vocal Masterclass with Arianna Zukerman (observe our opera students in action)
- 4:30 pm Sing with us! Rehearsal/Voice Class
- 7:30 pm Wild Wednesday I: Young 'Til the Day I Die with Susan Greenbaum
THURSDAY, JULY 13
- 9:30 am Morning Seminar: Michael on Mozart, Part 4
- 10:00 am Orchestra Rehearsal: Conductor Erin Freeman
- 2:00 pm Academy Vocal Masterclass with Arianna Zukerman(observe our opera students in action)
- 3:00 pm Sing with us! Rehearsal/Voice Class
- 6:00 pm Mix, Mingle, & Music - Cocktail (Half) Hour (Bold Rock Hard Cider in Nellysford) – Cash Bar
- 6:30 pm Mix, Mingle, & Music II: Bold Bach at Bold Rock I: The Bach Sons (Bold Rock Hard Cider) – reservations required
FRIDAY, JULY 14
- 9:30 am Morning Seminar: Michael on Mozart, Part 5
- 10:00 am Orchestra Rehearsal: Conductor Erin Freeman
- 4:00 pm Sing with us! Rehearsal on Mozart’s Requiem
- 7:30 pm Festive Friday I: Funk + Jazz + Bluegrass + Classical + Brews (Devil’s Backbone Basecamp & Brewpub)
SATURDAY, JULY 15 (Saturday rehearsals required, in bold)
- 9:30 am Sing with us! Rehearsal on Mozart’s Requiem
- 1:30 pm Orchestra Rehearsal and Sing with Us! Dress rehearsal
- 5:15 pm Pre-Concert Discussion: Artistic Director Erin Freeman
- 6:00 pm MountainTop Masterworks I: Mozart Requiem with conductor Erin Freeman and the Wintergreen Festival Orchestra and Sing with Us! chorus
SUNDAY, JULY 16
- 10:00 am Coffee & Kids pre-show coffee and activities
- 11:00 am Coffee & Kids II: Mendelssohn and Mozart with conductor Giovanni Reggioli, violinist Elisabeth Adkins, and pianist Edward Newman
- 1:30 pm, 3:00 pm, & 4:30 pmSpecial Event: Vines and Violins - A Wine and Music Tasting with Erin Freeman and Andrew Hodson (Veritas Vineyard & Winery)
- 7:30 pm Festive Friday I RAINDATE: Funk + Jazz + Blue Grass + Classical + Brews (Devil’s Backbone Basecamp & Brewpub)
Even if you aren't 100% sure you are coming, please fill this out so we can plan. There is an option for you to say that you're still thinking about it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Wintergreen? In the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains - right near the Appalachian Trail. Here is more information: http://www.wintergreenperformingarts.org/contact/
What edition are we using? The Süssmayr completion - the standard version as printed by Schirmer, available here.
Will there be music available to borrow. Yes, but we encourage you to bring your own.
What is the concert dress? Black bottoms and white tops, short-sleeve or longer.
What else is there to do while I'm there? How much time to you have? We have hiking, swimming, golf, tennis, socializing, brewery-hopping, antiquing, and, if you're lucky, bear watching!
What is the closest airport? Charlottesville Airport.
How does lodging work? There are many places to stay at Wintergreen Mountain! You can go through the Wintergreen Resort to find a great condo at a 20% discount. Just mention that you're coming to participate in the Wintergreen Summer Music Festival's Sing with Us! You can go through the many realty companies (Wintergreen Realty, Mountain Realty, and more - we'll send you a whole list!)
What about food? There are several restaurants on the mountain and in the valley. We'll send you that list, too. And, because all housing options are condos or houses, you can also stop by the market and buy some food to cook!