Fellowship Quartet Program
July 8 - August 6, 2017
Open to pre-formed string quartets (quintets considered) on the verge of a professional career.
This highly selective program engages one pre-formed string quartet. The Fellowship Quartet is featured in festival chamber music concerts and coached multiple times per week by members of the String Academy Faculty and Festival Guest Artists. They will rehearse and perform in the fully professional Wintergreen Festival Orchestra. The Fellowship Quartet will also be promoted in a pre-arranged concert tour of Virginia. Members of the Fellowship Quartet receive full tuition, room and board, and a travel stipend. Only quartets with serious intent should apply for this program.
NEW in 2017! The Fellowship Quartet will have the unique opportunity to rehearse, coach, and perform a complete piano quintet with Christopher O'Riley, concert pianist and host of From the Top.
What to Expect
- Time and venues to rehearse as an ensemble in the beautiful setting of the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Multiple coachings per week with String Academy Faculty and Festival Guest Artists
- Featured performances at the Wintergreen Summer Music Festival
- The quartet will embark on a pre-planned mini-concert-tour of Virginia
- In-depth session on creating and executing community outreach and education programs
- Rehearsals and performances with the fully professional Wintergreen Festival Orchestra
- The Quartet Fellows will be public representatives of Wintergreen Performing Arts and, as such, will comport themselves professionally at all times.
Ross Monroe Winter - Academy Director and Violin Faculty
Wesley Baldwin - Associate Academy Director and Cello Faculty
Elisabeth Adkins - Violin Faculty
Jennifer John - Violin Faculty
Sharan Leventhal - Violin Faculty
James Lyon - Violin Faculty
Ann Marie Brink - Viola Faculty
Daphne Gerling- Viola Faculty
Steve Larson - Viola Faculty
Wendy Warner - Cello Faculty
Dee Moses - Bass Faculty
Christopher O'Riley - Artist in Residence
Additional Violin and Cello faculty to be announced soon!
Application Deadlines & audition info
February 1 – Early Bird Deadline
March 15 – Application review begins. Applications submitted after this date will be reviewed as positions are available.
Applicants will be asked to upload audio or video (preferred) recordings of complete works or complete movements from works in varying styles. Recordings should not exceed 45 minutes in duration. Other required documents include a listing of chamber music works studied/performed, group and individual member bios merged into one Word or PDF document, published press reviews (if available), and two letters of recommendation from current or former teachers/coaches.
Visit https://app.getacceptd.com/wintergreen for more details.
With questions or for more information: email@example.com