Cello, Wintergreen Festival Orchestra
Currently David plays in the Ft Wayne Philharmonic and has played professionally in South America, Europe, the Middle East and the USA. He authored a celebrity cookbook featuring famous classical musicians. He has been a member of the Wintergreen Music Festival almost every year since 2001.
- BM from Indiana University Bloomington, Janos Starker, teacher…1979
- MM from SUNY at Stony Brook, NY, Bernard Greenhouse, teacher...1982
- Master of Education (in counseling) from Indiana University…..1991
- Associate Principal Cello, Rio de Janeiro Symphony…1979-80
- Principal Cello, Haifa Symphony Orchestra…1982-84
- Assistant Principal Cello, The Florida Orchestra…1985-86
- Section/Principal and Assistant Cello Ft Wayne Philharmonic…1991-current
- Freelance cellist, Marion Symphony, Muncie Symphony, Evansville Symphony, Norfolk Symphony, Kalamazoo Symphony, Redding Symphony, Charleston Symphony.
- Private class, Kibutz Gvat Haim, Israel, and private students, Haifa Israel, 1982-84
- Suzuki teacher, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 1985-86
- Adjunct instructor Huntington College, Goshen College, IPFW 1993-2001
- Private cello class 2002-present
- Cello instructor Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp, Michigan, 1994-2000
- Cello instructor, Czech Music Camp for Youth, Czech Republic, 2001-2008
- Performed and taught Master Classes in Quito, Ecuador, 2005
- Recording business at Indiana University, 1975-79, 1987-91
- Author of celebrity cookbook called Culinary Harmony; Favorite Recipes of the World’s Finest Classical Musicians, 1997, DIR publishers
- Volunteer work since 1974…Big Brothers Big Sisters, Hospice care, Tudoring, ESL Burmese adult classes, Reading Alliance, Head Start Program, Teaching assistant in elementary schools.
- National Music Camp, 1970-74
- Music Academy of the West, 1977
- International Cello Course, Brazil, 1978
- Tanglewood Music Festival, 1980-82
- New College Festival, Florida, 1986
- Section cello, Wintergreen Music Festival, 2001-present.