Collaborative Piano Fellowship
July 22 - August 5, 2018
Open to pianists with an interest in performing with and coaching singers.
This highly selective program engages one or two pianists as part of the Vocal Intensive program. Pianists will receiving mentoring from two professional coaches who are well regarded in the field: Peter Marshall - pianist for the GRAMMY-award-winning Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus and Joy Schreier - pianist for the Cathedral Choral Society and go-to coach for DC-area singers. Additionally, they will observe and learn from our stellar roster of voice teachers. Pianists will play for masterclasses, rehearsals, coachings, and performances and will take part in diction training, professional development, and seminars on vocal health. This experience is intended to train the pianist to be well equipped to work with singers.
Collaborative Piano Fellows receive full tuition, room and board, and a travel stipend.
What to Expect
- Time and venues to rehearse with our college, graduate, and post-graduate Vocal Intensive students
- Mentoring from our Vocal Intensive faculty
- Training in diction, professional development, vocal health, and recording technology
- Multiple performances, with recording available
- Recordings of select performances
- Review of professional materials
- Beautiful hiking trails, breathtaking overlooks, and free access to the Wintergreen Resort Fitness and Aquatics center
- Peter Marshall, Georgia State University; Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus
- Joy Schreier, DC Area Coach
- Arianna Zukerman - Chair of Vocal Studies, Wintergreen Summer Music Academy; International Soloist; Faculty, Benjamin T. Rome School of Music at Catholic University and Potomac Vocal Institute.
- Erin Freeman - Artistic Director, Wintergreen Performing Arts; Director of Choral Activities, Virginia Commonwealth University; Director, Richmond Symphony Chorus
Application Deadlines & Audition info
- February 1: Early Bird Deadline. Fee $45. Beginning February 2, fee increases to $65
- March 1: Application Deadline
- April 1: Reservation deposit due
- Audio or video (preferred) recordings of applicant performing at least two contrasting pieces in a collaborative performance - preferably with a singer. Applicants may upload file or provide a link during the application process.
- Current resume of training experience
- Contact information for one reference
- Application Fee: February 1: Early Bird Deadline. Fee $45. Beginning February 2, fee increases to $65
- Tuition: Free
- Room and Board: Free
- Travel stipend to be paid to pianist at the conclusion of the Festival
With questions or for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org